I was asked by a relative if a live video stream could be saved for later viewing. I found the (m3u8) address for the live video stream by right-clicking the link on the website and used this in VLC. VLC is freedom software available from the VLC website.
- From the VLC menu bar I chose Media > Open Network Stream
- Then paste the address of the video stream into the space
- Click the arrow on the right of the ‘Play’ button and choose ‘Convert‘
Within the ‘Convert’ dialog box:
- Click ‘Browse‘ and enter a filename/location for the saved video file
- Tick the ‘Display the Output’ tickbox
- Choose a Profile for the type of video to be saved. (I chose Theora+Vorbis but MP4 should work if the appropriate codecs are available on the computer)