I upgraded a CentOS server today updating PHP from
This stopped a PHP web application I had written from being able to communicate with Active Directory over LDAPS. Normal LDAP appears to continue working fine but when I change my connections back to ldaps they stop working.
To deal with the problem I removed the php packages I had installed e.g.
yum remove php-gd php-common php php-xml php-cli php-mysql php-ldap php-pear php-pdo php-mbstring php-imap php-devel php-xmlrpc php-mcrypt php-odbc
And then installed a previous (specific) version of PHP:
yum install php-gd-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-common-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-xml-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-cli-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-mysql-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-ldap-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-pear-1.9.4-4.el6.noarch php-pdo-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-mbstring-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-imap-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-devel-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-xmlrpc-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64 php-mcrypt-5.3.3-1.el6.rf.x86_64 php-odbc-5.3.3-27.el6_5.x86_64
I also needed to re-install phpMyAdmin as it had also been removed:
yum install phpMyAdmin
This downgrade has me working again.